onsdag 22. februar 2012

I am really having a soon- to- be- schoolboy??

Wow, I have been to a meeting for parents who have kids starting school this autumn...
Marcus is formally inscribed here and will also be in Spain as we cant really decide where to go on living.

It will be really exciting to see him as a schoolboy wether here or there... He is eager to learn to read and write but we havent worked especially on that at home. He is strong in the preschoolgroup in the kindergarden and that is satisfactory to hear ofcourse.
From his schoolyears in Spain he already knew how to write his name when he was 3.

From now on we should sit down with him and read books while we point out the words we are reading and tell him how they are pronounced.

In Spain we have friends Marcus' age and they already know how to read and write...
I anyway believe that its a bit of wasted time to teach 3 year olds this...
Well, what I mean is that I think it takes less effort when the child is more mature and has an interest himself. And I think 5/6 years must be the right age to emphasize the reading/writing.

As the catalan kids seem to be a horsehead ahead of us, we really have a job to do before we go back. They do capital and small letters, and are even teaching the kids how to bind the small letters together...

For sure it will be a big difference to the kindergarden. Somehow I almost feel pity for the small kids sitting still by a table for hours every day ( I hope its not like that...) with their books...
Norwegian and math will be the most important subjects. I just hope that they will keep on doing experiments and emphasize practical learning.
I also realize that maybe a Waldorf school would fulfill my criterias more...

And what about the SFO? (pre and afterschoolactivities). I guess its good for the kids to socialize and stay with their friends a couple of more hours? And be able to play freely and from their own initiative?
My impression is that most kids stay some hours after school is over. I am still not sure what is better in case one of us is home anyway...
I guess it depends on wether they are joining some afternoonactivity or not.

Right now I would just like him to go on in the kindergarden.
Maybe its just ME not being ready for having a schoolboy...





1 kommentar:

mona sa...

Så spennende med skolegutt!! Skjønner veldig godt tankene du har da. Lykke til med alle valgene som skal tas :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails